Cleared My Acne, A Cosmetic Gift!!
Alright, just a few weeks back I was reading up on stories here about how people used The Secret to get great skin. And, now I am here to write mine!
Acne hit me suddenly sometime in August. I just woke up with breakouts one morning and it kept getting worse. I never outright cursed or dismissed my own beauty but I was just negative about other aspects of my life like my career and friendships. The stress took a toll on my skin.
My method to heal my skin was:
1. First I read all the ‘cleared my acne’ stories here. I took inspiration and built faith from them.
2. Then I threw out all the ‘special treatments formulated for acne skin types’ kinda lotions. Also all the articles and other creams I had. I stopped with the grand plans of getting microdermabrasion, laser resurfacing, etc.
3. I downloaded a picture editing app. I took a barefaced selfie, the type where you could see my blemishes and breakouts clearly. This was not an uncomfortable task for me because I believed that acne or not, I was beautiful. A temporary setback in my skin’s health was not gonna faze me. I was not embarrassed by it. I ‘mentally’ perceived my acne like the dirt on my laptop’s screen. Superficial and wipeable.
4. Then in a ceremonial manner, I played happy ‘You A Boss Babe’ kinda songs. I opened the selfie in the app and smoothened my skin using the filter in the app. Try not to over edit though.
5. I ‘acted as if’. After I did the edit, I never looked at that old photo again. I deleted the app because I knew that the ‘act the part’ meant that I ‘now’ have skin that does not need a software’s skills.
6. Going on with my life. I stayed happy, felt zen and kept my focus elsewhere. I chose positive words. You do not have to necessarily pressure yourself into visualizing ‘great skin’, especially if doing so it brings you anxiety. You can choose to feel good about something else. You can visualize the sensations of the breeze on your face or cycling fast through a beautiful city while the air hits your face. Salty hair and beach skin. The freedom that comes with having the kind of skin that does not need much cosmetic help.
7. Giving love. The mirrors in my home are wall mounted so I could not remove them. Whenever I caught my reflection, I would focus on a clear patch of my skin rather than the spots. I spoke kind, loving words to myself. Stuff like, ‘Wow! You look so pretty! Wow! Damn babe! You da best!’. I am talking a ‘Dj Khaled’ level of confidence.
The results was that I got exactly what I wanted. My current skin is no different than the one that I edited it into. I now have the most beautiful and amazing skin! All of this took only just six weeks.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!