A Secret Journey
Me and my dad took a trip from my home, Allahabad, to a small town called Rangpo (near a popular tourist destination, Darjeeling) about 1 year back and that was filled with experiences of The Secret. I had written them in my diary and today as I was reading them it occurred to me to post them here.
1. Since it was a last-minute train reservation, we had to take the berths we got without a choice. We got them in AC3 which is a type of train compartment, moderately comfortable. I totally dislike AC3 and wanted to travel in AC2. I didn’t even deliberately apply The Secret here, I just kept pondering over how good it’d be if we were going in AC2. And when I started entering the AC3 compartment, dad called me from behind and said, “What are u doing? This is 3rd AC, we’re in AC2!” Whoa! Dad had, without my knowledge, changed the reservations to AC2!
2. The train was till New Jalpaiguri (NJP) from where we had to take a taxi to Rangpo. On the train we met a lot of people who were from this place and told us to take a shared taxi for the 2.5hrs road journey. A shared one would cost Rs.150 per person whereas a private one, Rs.2000. Now as most people think, they place saving money above comfort. So everyone advised dad to go for the shared one only. I wished otherwise! I visualized myself sitting comfortably in a private taxi, for some reason I visualized a white Tata Indica! We got down at NJP, and dad took a private taxi! After about 5 minutes into the journey I realized I was sitting in a white Indica! But something was nagging me. In my visualization, dad was sitting near the driver, for more leg-room, and I was sitting at the back, behind the driver, i.e. at the right; whereas in reality, right now I was sitting at the left. Now I felt quite foolish and thought, “It’s okay, this much has manifested, why are you bothering for such a little thing?” Right when I was thinking this, dad felt the need to modify the position of his backrest and told me to move rightwards!! So here I was, in a white Indica, sitting at the right!
3. On the way to Rangpo, we met a landslide! The road was blocked and everyone said it’d take 5 hours to clear! I thanked the Universe for my “quick passage”. It took 5 hours for the army to clear the road, but our driver, for some reason, had placed the car in a rather awkward position (amid frowns from other people). The road cleared, and the second car to pass was ours!! So the passage was the quickest possible. Later we heard that the road got closed again after about 10mins!
4. Our work done at Rangpo, we had to return to NJP to board our return-train. I saw a Hyundai Santro, and thought how nice it’d be to travel in it, since I have a Santro at home and I am really accustomed to it. We talked to the taxi-organizer for a private taxi, and he showed us our car. You know which one! That very same car I had earlier seen! When I had seen it, I didn’t even know it was a taxi!
5. Darjeeling is very near Rangpo and I really wanted to see the place. Anyway, I thought Ill see it later, as it didn’t seem possible in this trip. But hey, it’s the Universe in power here! Another landslide, all direct routes closed, so we had to take a longer route, via Darjeeling!!
6. Our return reservation wasn’t confirmed. I wanted it to get confirmed so we could travel in comfort, and I thanked the Universe for 2 lower berths (because I was feeling a little feverish and climbing up on the upper birth didn’t seem tempting!) The reservation did get confirmed (which was expected), but wonder of wonders, we got both lower berths, something for which people reserve 60 days in advance!
I returned from this trip a changed man.
p.s. Er, I know this story is a bit too long but thank you for reading it, and hope it will inspire you as it always inspires me 🙂