Three And Half Years Of Pain Cured!
Four three and a half years during my early twenties I unfortunately suffered form a pain disorder. The kicker with this disorder was as follows: Doctors do not know how you get it and they do not know a cure.
I had never felt more heart broken in my life then when I heard those words. When you are a young child you learn that doctors are there to give you answers and to fix your problem. They give you medicine, a lolly pop and send you on your way to recuperate.
Instead of an answer I was given back as much confusion as I had going in. The doctor was perplexed and had no clue what I had. Finally after reaching out to another doctor I was diagnosed with a pain disorder that she said doctors are still learning about. There is no known distinct reason for the disorder nor is there a known cure, just treatments that may work or numb the symptoms.
Now to be honest, at this time in my life I was more of a pessimist than an optimist.
Regardless, I started the list of treatments. For the next three and a half years I tried nearly dozens of medications, creams, and remedies. I researched this curious disorder obsessively, saw specialists, homeopathic doctors, and changed my diet drastically. I was not cured.
I went into a depression. I was convinced Iâd live with this the rest of my life. I would cry and cry and every time Iâd try a new remedy I would think “What if this doesn’t work?”
And it wouldn’t.
Finally, I had tried every treatment but one; surgery. This was my last chance. My doctor told me that surgery was saved for the very end. If I tried every treatment first, I could get cleared to try the surgery which had an 80% chance of helping. Good odds however, the odds put a huge amount of pressure on myself. I began to think, “What if I am the 20% that it doesn’t help? What will I do? How will I handle that?” In fact the doctor even said, “Morgan I am worried that if you get the surgery and If it doesn’t work I am afraid of how it will affect you.” To hear that statement from my doctor was terrifying. Not to mention I was moving away from my family and everything I knew to New York City. I had two months before my move and I had to make the decision to get the surgery or not, with barely enough time to recover before getting on a plane.
Well, it just so happens that my roommate and best friend gave me The Secret to read during this exact time.
I sat with her on our couch one night discussing the book and it dawned on me. I remember saying to her, “Hey, what if instead of getting this surgery I try to use The Secret first? If I commit 100%? Itâs my last chance.” She agreed.
That night I decided to go to bed and thank God for curing my disorder. I felt truly grateful and happy as I prayed. For the first night in three and a half years instead of begging Him to take it away, I thanked Him for already doing so.
Since that night, I have not felt a signal symptom. In fact, I am cured!!
To this day I thank God every night for taking away my illness. I did not have to get the surgery and I moved to New York City and left my disorder in California.
The Secret has truly changed my life. I have changed my attitude completely and am so grateful this book found its way into my life with the most impeccable timing!