Love happens when you least expect it
For years I searched for the ‘perfect’ guy – compassionate, sweet, goal oriented, driven, loving and so much more. And for years I saw no results. My life was a series of crushes and feeble infatuations; and the guys who were interested in me were the ones I saw no future with. After reading The Secret I made a list of all the things I wanted in my perfect man. Once the list was complete, I just stopped looking. It was like placing an order on Amazon – the payment had went through and I just knew what I wanted would arrive. I was completely and utterly sure.
After a couple of weeks, I met my soul mate. He is not precisely what I had envisioned – he is even better! And the best part is that he loves me unconditionally. We have a beautiful, healthy relationship, and even though we’ve been together for a year, I fall in love with him all over again whenever we meet.
For the people out there who are having trouble manifesting love, here are a few pointers:
1. Make an exhaustive list of what you want. The clearer image you have in your mind, the easier it is for the Universe to provide it to you.
2. Stop focusing on the how. If you ordered a book online, would you fret about how they would pack the book, how the transportation would take place, etc? These details don’t matter. Let the universe take care of these things.
3. The Secret is having a positive outlook, not plain old wishful thinking. When the universe nudges you forward – move. And yes, the process will be seamless, beautiful. I look back in awe when I remember how I had fallen in love. It was like playing a character whose lines I knew by heart, like dancing to a tune when I knew all the steps. It was perfect. That’s how you feel when you are in alignment with what you want.
4. It won’t be perfect. There will be setbacks because you’re not a robot who thinks positive thoughts 24×7. Just brush these thoughts and incidents away and focus on the positive.
5. Just because you’ve found the perfect guy/gal doesn’t mean that you should stop being grateful. I thank the universe every day for him and I can feel our relationship strengthening day by day.
I had a horrible childhood; my definition of love was distorted and I always thought that I could never find a life partner I would be happy with. No matter what your circumstances are, you can have whatever you want. Just ask, believe (don’t believe that it’ll happen, believe that it HAS happened), and be grateful.
I wish joy, happiness and love to everyone who is reading this. May you find the bliss you are looking for.