It is A REVEALATION to me!!!!!
I just came back to town on the 1st of November this year. A day or two later, my brother gave me a DVD titled: The Secret. He didnt tell me what it is about, but I thought it was a sci-fi movie; but from the first scenes I saw it was something better.
I realized at the end of the show that I had unconsciously been making use of part of The Secret. I was happy afterwards because it all made sense and I got a better understanding of the Bible and all that had been happening to me!
For instance I understand why Jesus said that a man who looks at a woman lustfully is guilty of adultery. I understand that, while lusting after a woman these thoughts about sleeping with her come to mind and it could feel so real; its as good as carrying out the act, since thoughts are things. Its no wonder Peter was able to walk towards Jesus on water, because he was feeling happy and believed he could do it after Jesus assured him to come to Him, but Peter started sinking immediately doubts took over his thoughts. Its no wonder the woman with a flow of blood was healed, simply by believing that if she could touch the cloak of Jesus the Universal King she would be healed. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that, believing our positive thoughts, and feeling that assurance that all will be well, equates with our faith in God.
I now understand why we have the following phrases, and Im sure you would agree with me as well:
1. You are the master of your destiny
2. Your destiny is in your hand
3. Be master of all that is on the earth
4. Positive thinking, positive results
5. Birds of a feather flock together
6. You can be what you want to be, only if you believe
7. Faith can move mountains
8. Ask and youll receive, seek and youll find, knock and itll be opened to you
9. For all you do that is positive or negative, there is a corresponding reward that is positive or negative
10. We are made in Gods image and likeness
11. Faith without good works is dead
12. You cant take back what you say
13. God knows what you want before you ask Him
14. Take responsibility for your actions
15. Speak of the devil, and hell appear
16. Age is a thing of the mind
17. Winners dont quit, quitters dont win
18. God is everywhere; He lives in you
19. Your life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you live it
20. Free will / Your will is yours
And so on. Ever since, my brother and I try to always feel good and try not to have negative thoughts!