Got My Dream Job!
Firstly I would like to start by saying a big thank you to Rhonda Byrne and The Secret team. You have done an amazing job of bringing this wonderful knowledge of the Universe to the world. And of course, thank you to all the people who have shared your experiences here. Your stories inspired me greatly and helped me stay positive and to keep believing.
I am a finance manager and have been working in my current role for about a year and a half. I realized last year that this was not what I wanted to do. I work in a corporate environment and the money is great and the people are good and friendly, but the downfall to this job was that I worked a lot of hours and there was no freedom is this role. It really struck me hard when I realized that there is no freedom. Why would I work for long hours and feel tired every time I come home and and not feel like doing anything, what’s the point? I did not want to live like that.
This is when I decided to take action and do something about it. Now, I had read The Secret a few years ago and I knew about the law of attraction. I had manifested great things including my current job as a finance manager. I have also read many other great books such as The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr Joseph Murphy and have understood all the teachings clearly. But I found I was always getting mixed results. Sometimes I would want to attract something and I would not receive it. It finally hit me as to why. When you want something you need to of course ask, believe and receive.
Asking is easy. But what I was doing was doubting a lot of the time, and I would never visualize. Also I was not that persistent with being grateful. So I decided to actually visualize every day and show gratitude as to what I wanted to manifest.
I wanted to manifest a new position. One that offers a lot more freedom with the same money, company car, closer to home and just a great team of people to work with in a really fun environment. Not long after I asked for what I wanted, I saw a position come up and I knew this was it, I really wanted this position.
Here is what I did:
1) Wrote down what I wanted in the present tense and thanking the Universe for my new position and being grateful.
2) Visualized for about 10 minutes every day just before bed, of me receiving a phone call and being offered the position. I also visualized telling my partner and everyone else that I was successful in obtaining the new role. I visualized working there on the first day and meeting the team and working in the office and being successful with the new role.
3) I wrote a letter to myself from the boss of the company congratulating me on being successful with the new position. I looked at this every day.
4) I wrote out my letter of resignation on a specific date and visualized myself resigning from my current job.
5) To increase my belief I kept reading success stories daily. This helped tremendously.
Here is what happened: I received a phone call on the same date I had written my resignation ,from the boss of the company telling me that I was successful and that they would like to offer me the position. I was so happy and grateful. I have now resigned from my current position and I start the new job in 4 weeks. The Secret really works! You just need to be persistent and have faith. Visualize every day, have faith and be grateful.
What helped me a lot was reading people’s success stories every day. That really raises your frequency and faith.